The transcript is the official record of all coursework and grades for classes attended at the Singapore Management University (SMU) in each academic term. It shows the academic history of the student at SMU, and displays the degree(s) awarded, grade point average and academic major(s) and awards, if any.
The Office of the Registrar provides official transcripts bearing the Singapore Management University ceremonial seal and the signature of the Registrar. An official transcript is issued without charge on the first instance to all graduates, together with the degree certificate. The SMU degree certificate is a unique and important document; neither copies nor duplicates are available. However, if your original certificate has been lost or damaged, you may order a replacement from the Registrar's Office via the alumni website.
Please note that separate official transcripts are issued for different levels of programmes, i.e., undergraduate, graduate and exchange.
Cost of Official Transcript
Additional copies of the official transcript may be purchased at the following rates:
Note: All fees indicated are subject to changes without prior notice.
# Based on the prevailing rate (updated as at 1 April 2009) of the courier company (Deltec International Courier Pte Ltd) contracted by SMU - for small packages up to 3kg.
* Based on the following prevailing rates (updated as at 1 April 2009) of the courier company (DHL) contracted by SMU - for DHL document/envelope up to 0.5kg:
|Courier charge in S$||6.25||8.75||11.30||16.65||15.30||16.45||26.45||29.45||31.10|
Click here (in PDF format) to check your country zone.
Please pay correct amount to avoid any delay in processing your order.
How to Request
You may place orders for additional copies of the official transcript through online submission here. Do read the instructions carefully before submitting your request.
Before submitting online request, ensure that the following items are ready:
(i) SMU login/password
If you have forgotten your SMU login ID/password, please contact IT Help Centre at email@example.com or via phone at +65-68280123.
(ii) Visa/MasterCard for payment
- In Person
Alternatively, you may bring the completed Official Transcript Request Form (in PDF format) with the payment receipt attached to Student Services Hub located at Basement Concourse under Li Ka Shing Library (opposite Dental@Uni). Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm.
Payment can be made at:
• The Student Services Hub itself, or
• AXS machines located at:
- Basement 1, the Concourse (near the Gym)
- Level 1, Administration Building (near lobby)
Please allow, in general, 3 working days after we receive your request for the official transcripts to be ready for mailing/collection. Payment must be received before your request can be processed.
Collection & Enquiries
If you are authorising a proxy to collect the additional copy of the official transcript on your behalf, please note the following:
- You will need to email the completed and signed Authorization Form to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the proxy comes to our office to collect the document.
- As a form of authentication, the duly completed Authorization Form must be sent using your SMU email account. Please contact IT Help Centre at email@example.com or call them at +65-68280123 if you need to reset your password.
- The proxy must present his/her NRIC (or passport) as proof of identity when collecting the documents.
- SMU reserves the right not to issue the degree certificate and transcript to the proxy if the graduate did not send the Authorization Form in advance using his/her SMU email account.
Collection and any queries on official transcripts can be done at:
Office of the Registrar
Singapore Management University
81 Victoria Street
Tel: (65) 6828 0100
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5.45 pm
(As the office will be closed during lunchtime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make prior arrangement if you need to submit the order/collect the document during lunchtime)
Last updated on 08 Feb 2019 .