The SMU Alumni Groups are niche communities for alumni formed under the SMU Alumni Association (SMUAA) and supported by the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR). The groups are formed under school-based, programme-based, interest-based and affinity-based alumni groups. These individual alumni groups receive funding from SMUAA to conduct at least two engagement events a year. OAR will facilitate the establishment of new alumni groups, spearheaded by either alumni or faculty.
Building a steady career and a reliable network is easier with strong links to SMU through alumni groups. Our 40-over local alumni groups offer a plethora of networking opportunities with fellow alumni and help you keep updated with industry intelligence. Being a part of an alumni group will help you build a better foundation for your career.
Newly minted alumni are automatically enrolled into the school-based alumni group depending on the one they graduated from. That way, they stay connected with their school mates beyond graduation.
Alumni groups from various postgraduate programmes are set up to engage SMU’s community of postgraduate alumni and foster a sense of belonging. Postgraduate alumni are also automatically enrolled into the programme-based alumni group depending on the programme they graduated from.
- Executive Master of Business Administration Alumni Group
- Juris Doctor Alumni Group
- Master of Business Administration Alumni Group
- Master of Science in Communication Management Alumni Group
- Master of IT in Business Alumni Group
- Master of Laws Alumni Group
- Master of Professional Accounting Alumni Group
- Master of Science in Applied Finance Alumni Group
- Master of Science in Management Alumni Group
- Master of Science in Wealth Management Alumni Group
- Master of Science in Innovation Alumni Group
Interest-based groups are formed based on the belief that bonds forged from student experiences in SMU are enduring, such as when participating in co-curricular activities or in worthwhile causes.
- ASMU Alumni Group
- SMU Alumni Collective (for Artists & Designers)
- Flare Alumni Group
- International Moots Alumni Group
- SINO Alumni Group
- SMU Ballare Alumni Group
- SMU Career Champions Alumni Group
- SMU City Samba Alumni Group
- SMU Diving Alumni Group
- SMU Eluminix (Eurhythmix Alumni Group)
- SMU Peer Helpers Alumni Group
- SMU Rugby Alumni Group
- SMU Sailing Alumni Group
- SoundFoundry Alumni Group
- SMU Ultimate Alumni Group
- SMU Women Soccer Alumni Group
Affinity groups are formed based on alumni's shared causes, beliefs or professional affiliations.
- Business Families Alumni Group
- Entrepreneurs Alumni Group (SMUpreneurs)
- Real Estate and Alternative Investment Alumni Group
- SMU-Accenture Alumni Group
- SMU Marketing Alumni Group
- SMU Quantitative Finance Alumni Group
- SMU Women Alumni Group
- SMU Travel and Hospitality Alumni Group
- SMU International Development & Community Action Alumni Group
Last updated on 05 Jun 2018 .