SMU has been issuing an electronic version (in PDF format) of the degree certificate and official transcript to students graduating in January 2013 and onwards. These documents are considered official and can be validated as they have been digitally certified.
The digital documents are unique and highly secured as they are protected by a patented watermarking technology. The digital watermark applied here comprises of a set of information that is embedded using secure and proprietary algorithms. The watermark is invisible to the human eye.
The digital documents are issued without charge on the first instance to January 2013 graduates and onwards. If the graduates did not download the digital documents during the specified timeline or they have deleted/lost the digital documents, they may submit a request for the re-issuance of their certified digital degree certificate and/or official transcript (chargeable). For details, refer to Alumni website > Services & Benefits > Academic Matters > Re-issue Digital Degree/Transcript)
This e-service provides a platform for alumni to download the certified digital documents and is available to:
- Students who have just officially graduated and received a notification from Office of Registrar with regard to the issuance of their digital documents (important: download service is only available during the specified period as per the notification).
- Graduates from January 2013 onwards who have submitted a request for re-issuance of their digital document(s) and paid the corresponding charges (important: digital document(s) requested will only be available for download after 3 working days from the payment receipt date).
Before you proceed with the downloading, DO take note of the following:
- If you have forgotten your SMU login ID/password, please contact IT Help Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 6828 0123.
- Remember to download the certified digital degree certificate and/or official transcript by the specified timeline. You will need to turn off your browser's pop up blocker before using the e-service.
- Carefully save and file the certified digital document(s) immediately, as once it is opened, you will be deemed to have downloaded the digital document(s). Do not lose or misplace them as any request for re-issuance/replacement will be chargeable.
- Any tampering/modification/amendment of the digital documents is strictly prohibited. Doing so may amount to forgery and can be prosecuted under the law. Do not remove or merge any pages either as doing so will render the digital documents invalid.
Click here to download your digital certificate.
If you have any question on this e-service, please contact:
Office of the Registrar
Singapore Management University
81 Victoria Street
Tel: (065) 6828 0100
Fax: (065) 6828 0998
Office hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.45pm
Last updated on 28 Jul 2016 .