Dear SMU Alumnus,
Welcome to the SMU alumni family of more than 19,000 graduates worldwide!
Graduation doesn’t mean that you will be leaving SMU. The Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) together with the SMU Alumni Association have installed a long pipeline of alumni events, activities and programmes that will keep you coming back to your alma mater. Here’s how you can stay in touch:
Seven Ways to Stay Connected
1. Update your contact details at alumni.smu.edu.sg to ensure you do not miss out on the latest events and updates. Here you can also access the university-wide alumni event calendar and the alumni business directory, or search for fellow alumni in the alumni directory, and job listings. What’s more, you can download a certified digital copy of your degree certificate and official transcript on our website here.
2. Join an alumni group or an overseas chapter to connect with fellow alumni and build new connections. Whatever your interests or wherever you are, there is bound to be something for everyone.
3. Participate in alumni events or programmes to grow your personal and professional networks, such as class reunions, alumni homecomings, interaction and industry networking events, and career and professional development programmes.
4. Subscribe to our monthly alumni e-newsletter - SMU CIRCLE, or join our social media channels and be updated on what’s happening on campus. Do ‘Like’ our Facebook page at fb.com/sgSMU.alumni or follow us on Instagram @sgSMUalumni.
5. Showcase your professional certifications in your LinkedIn Profile by clicking the button below and add your SMU qualifications to your profile. Join our alumni LinkedIn group at smu.sg/alumni-linkedin, and get updates on networking opportunities and career talks aimed at meeting your professional development needs.
6. Sign-up as a member of the SMU Alumni Association (SMUAA) and enjoy membership privileges, such as discounts at the SMU alumni café, access to the Li Ka Shing library and campus buildings, and more.
7. Give back to SMU in various ways - with your time, talent or resources. Make a difference by volunteering as a mentor, an alumni group leader, an alumni ambassador, or a SMU host to international students.
Your journey with SMU as an alumnus starts upon graduation. You were once a student; but now you are an Alumnus for Life! Stay connected and continue your SMU journey with us.
Associate Professor Low Aik Meng
Director, Office of Alumni Relations
Last updated on 07 Oct 2016 .