In serving the growing learning and training needs of alumni, we conducted a survey in late 2016 seeking your input and opinions. We hear you and endeavor to cater to most, if not all possibilities, within our means. Apart from Office of Alumni Relations’ (OAR) existing offering of professional development talks and workshops, we are pleased to introduce SMU Academy’s wide array of courses focusing on Financial Services, Technology & Intelligent Systems, Human Capital, Management & Leadership. OAR's courses are typically short and impactful at three hours, while SMU Academy credit-bearing and certified courses take place over longer durations. The two-pronged approach is presented below:
1) SMU OAR’s professional development series, comprising workshops and fireside chats, focusing on meeting the professional and career needs of alumni. Watch this space for the upcoming and more!
- 28 September 2017: Professional Development Workshop: Networking - Engaging C-suite Executives With Compelling Questions
- 12 October 2017 - Professional Development Fireside Chat: How to Job Hop onto the Board
- 16 November 2017 – Professional Development Fireside Chat: Global Megatrends and Innovations for Tomorrow’s Businesses’
2) Collaboration with SMU Academy on credit-bearing courses with certification. Come back to school and be further enriched by your favourite professors. For more courses in SMU Academy, please click on the links below:
Graduate Certificate in Innovation
Graduate Certificate in Communications Management
Last updated on 24 Nov 2017 .